With the number of people across the country that are dealing with some sort of weight loss issue, it is only natural that many are starting to look for safe, effective options for shedding the pounds. If you have been looking at the HCG diet in La Jolla, the chances are good that you see plenty of myths and misconceptions in your quest for information. Working with a professional will be your best bet as you try to wade through the myths to learn all about HCG and what it could mean for you.
HCG stands for Human Chorionic Gonadotropin, which is a hormone that is found within the human body during pregnancy. This hormone helps to support the growing fetus with nourishment. HCG has been approved for use in a range of medical applications, including fertility and more. If you are looking for a way to lose weight safely and effectively, HCG is also a viable option for both men and women who want to shed some excess fat.
Some of the top myths that you may have heard about HCG include:
- This is a type of starvation diet, and you will end up losing a great deal of muscle. – This is false. While on the protocol, you will have a strict low-calorie diet. However, you are also on HCG that helps you to feel less hungry and have more energy. You will be burning fat, not losing muscle, and you will have the ability to balance out and adjust to the diet without feeling as though you are starving.
- It will end up ruining your thyroid. – This is false. Some people who currently have thyroid issues have noted changes for the better after taking on the HCG diet. Some have also been able to cut back on their thyroid medications.
- The damage done to your thyroid will make it difficult for you to lose weight on your own in the future. – This is false. The HCG diet helps you to strengthen your metabolism and helps you to kickstart your body’s natural ability to burn fat while keeping healthy muscle. Many patients see great success and the ability to maintain weight loss even after finishing the HCG protocol.
- Your metabolism will be ruined. – This is false. Many patients will have a notable increase in their metabolism, making it stronger and more effective even after they are done with the diet protocol.
- The weight will come back quickly due to all of the myths above. – Finally, false. Working with a professional like Dr. Dubroff at HCG Diet SoCal will give you all the support and guidance you need to be successful on your HCG diet weight loss plan in La Jolla.