Who are the clients we cater to?
Some of the beneficiaries of naturopathic medicine include the following;
- People looking for ways to live more fulfilling and healthier lives
- Patients looking for alternative support to run con-currently with their current medical treatments
- People with poor immune systems looking to improve them.
- People with asymptomatic illnesses that cant be recognized using regular lab tests
- Patients suffering from side effects from their current medications
- People who have tried various nutritional supplements available today but have not witnessed any positive results
- People in search of an expert in natural health with answers to all questions related to restoring health accordingly.
Naturopathic medicine can be understood as a health care system which creates a bridge between the traditional medicinal therapies and the modern advancements in health and understanding of the human body.
Trained first as primary health care practitioners, naturopathic physicians handle any chronic and acute illnesses present in individuals of all ages with numerous therapeutic modalities.
To be a naturopathic doctor you should meet the following educational requirements
- A 4 year graduate level and doctorate education at any accredited naturopathic medical college
- 3 years of clinical experience
During this educational journey, naturopathic doctors are trained in numerous therapies that include;
- Herbal medicine
- Nutritional Therapy
- Lifestyle Counselling
- Physical Medicine
- Aryuvedic Medicine
Basically, all the above mentioned therapies seek to definite naturopathic medicine as a whole. Doctors in this field therefore, always investigate the cause of the illness in the first place considering holistic aspects such as the mind, body, spirit and the effect of the environment on the health of the particular individual.
Currently licensed in 14 states, naturopathic doctors operate as primary care doctors with natural medicine as their specific field of study. To achieve good results, these doctors use exemplary procedures of diagnosing patients such as lab tests using bodily fluids such as blood, saliva or stool samples. Their license to practice medicine incorporates natural substances, referral networking, conventional pharmaceutical prescribing and integrated care with other specialists.
What Principles Do Naturopathic Doctors Abide to in their line of work?
1. Do No Harm
This is adhered to through the use of the least toxic, invasive and natural therapies
2. Identify and Treat the Cause
By running rigorous diagnostic measures, naturopathic doctors always seek to identify the cause of the illness as opposed to treating symptoms and hoping the illness will go away
3. The Healing Power Of Nature
Always strive to facilitate, support and promote the natural self-healing process present in any individual by clearing any obstacles preventing good health
4. Treat the Whole Individual
Each patient is a complete integration of the body, mind and spirit. Depending on the each individuals experience, naturopathic doctors always consider the numerous sides to the nature of health.
5. Proper Awareness
Naturopathic doctors are also teachers who create awareness of proper health for a happy fulfilling life. This is done by revealing the secrets to achieving optimal health, listening to the patients concerns, giving them a chance to be responsible for their own health and allow them to choose their own treatment.
Make the patients aware of the factors that may cause health problems in their social setting and the larger environmental framework and teach them how to maintain good health by preventing disease.